There are good people out there

 To whom it may concern: I wish to say thank you to the woman who gathered my fallen partner, Lois, off the footpath and sat her on a bench in the vicinity of Racecourse Road. I wish to thank the tradie (tradesman, for non Ozzie's) who was passing and immediately brought his First Aid kit to help Lois - who was on her own, and whose face and forehead was bleeding profusely. I wish to thank said tradie for then taking Lois in his van to the Emergency Dept of Royal Melbourne Hospital. I wish to thank the social worker who tried to discover the name and address of Lois who has dementia and was very confused yet managed to state her DOB - from which said social worker did an amazing sleuthing job of detecting who Lois was. Meanwhile... I wish to thank Michael, the police officer who dealt with my frantic reporting of my lost partner (he was surprised to hear that she did not carry a mobile phone, no point, she doesn't understand how to use it) - and proceeded to stand-by to issue a Missing Person procedure - except that then I received a call from said social worker at RMH Emergency saying that they had Lois. I'd like to thank the nurse who kept Lois company while I wasn't there. I'd like to thank all the staff who attended to her, and especially the doctor who took me through the finer points of her head and neck scan. This all happened Wednesday afternoon, we finally got home at 3.30 a.m. next morning. Lois is confused, has concussion and has the best black eye in Melbourne, but she's going to be ok - tho walking anywhere alone from now on cannot be allowed any more - oh how cruel dementia is! So this is a message of gratitude, thanks, and a reminder for us all that there are kind and good people out there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room - a Tape Recorder - and a Ghetto Cabaret. Theatre Lives! - at fortyfive downstairs

Bubbling over

Anzac Day 25th April