A view of a Review

 

It was a very long shot indeed, a thousand to one chance I reckon - but if you don't try you certainly don't get. This lovely little paragraph was published over the weekend on page 16 of The Weekend Australian, Review section. I didn't know it would be there and had taught myself not to have any hopes of a mention in any key news publication. I had sent a copy of my novel to Caroline Overington, Literary Editor of Review, back in August. Occasionally she will put a spotlight on a self published book, but she's stated in her column more than once that it's extremely difficult to win that spot, given the competition. She receives about 400 requests a week, in one form or another so ... I told myself not to hope. 

Imagine the gobsmacking shock of seeing the dancing woman on the cover of my novel, wiggling her hips on the 'Notable books' page! - with such wonderful endorsements from Michelle de Kretser and Miriam Margolyes. It's a fabulous boost - and goes to prove that in this haphazard Creative Life one must never give up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Room - a Tape Recorder - and a Ghetto Cabaret. Theatre Lives! - at fortyfive downstairs

Bubbling over

Anzac Day 25th April