Bubbling over

Image result for happy flapper 1920s

I have been celebrating with friends. Popping the cork on champagne. Yippee! Last week I secured a Literary Agent!

After my last post about the slowness of snails everything suddenly sped up. I tried a bit of lateral thinking ... and it paid off.

I am now represented by Martin Shaw, who is associated with Alex Adsett Publishing Services (they represent Melissa Lucashenko who just won the Miles Franklin Award - not that I'm name-dropping or anything). I couldn't be happier with this turn of events. Especially as Martin Shaw is "very excited" about my manuscript, and very positive about its publishing potential.

So one enormous hurdle scrambled over - and just a few more yet to come! 

- and, but, here is a 1923 update: long story short: My manuscript is now published titled A Secretive Life and is available as paperback or eBook via all usual outlets (see more recent posts re). Martin Shaw and I parted company in the end, very amicably, and the champagne was good while it lasted! 

Image result for happy flapper 1920s

Comments

  1. I shall buy some buy some bubbly myself and join you a little behind the time celebration. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Room - a Tape Recorder - and a Ghetto Cabaret. Theatre Lives! - at fortyfive downstairs

Anzac Day 25th April